4/05/2016

Salisbury Steak 2

This is my second Salisbury Steak recipe to post. I love the other one but it is full of salt due to the canned gravy it calls for. I have been looking for another one and I really love this one. I cannot remember where I found it, but I am very glad I did. 

INGREDIENTS:


1 can condensed French onion soup
1 1/2 pounds ground beef
1/2 cup dry breadcrumbs
1 egg
1/4 tsp salt
1/8 tsp black pepper
1 Tbsp all-purpose flour
1/4 cup ketchup
1-3 tsp Worchestershire sauce (to taste)
1/2 tsp ground mustard
1/4 cup water

In a large mixing bowl, add together 1/3 cup of the soup, the beef, breadcrumbs, egg, salt and pepper.


Get to work with your hands and thoroughly mix together.


Shape into 8 patties. I like to press down in the center to make it thinner there. I feel like it gets done a little quicker that way when cooking.


In a large skillet over medium high heat, brown the patties on both sides and pour off any fat. I do it in two batches.



In a small bowl, blend flour and remaining soup until smooth.


Add ketchup, water. Worchestershire and mustard.


Pour over patties in skillet.


Cover and cook for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.



Serve with mashed potatoes and enjoy immensely!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think