4/05/2016

Crockpot Beef Tips

Comfort food at it's best is easy to prepare as well as being delicious and filling. This recipe fits the bill!

INGREDIENTS:



3 pounds beef tips*, cubed
2 cans condensed Cream of Mushroom soup (or make your own!)
28 ounces beef broth
2 envelopes onion soup mix
salt and pepper to taste
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1 cup water, optional
*Beef Tips is a cut that can mean a lot of different things, evidently. I like to buy stew meat that is cut into very small pieces. I have also used round steak and sirloin that I diced myself.

Turn slow cooker on high. Put beef into heated slow cooker and season to taste.


I a medium bowl, whisk the mushroom soup, beef broth and onion soup mix until well blended. 



Pour over beef and stir to coat.


Cover and cook on high for 5 hours or low for 7 hours until tender.


Just before serving, if you would like the sauce to be a bit thicker, mix together the water and flour at the bottom of the ingredient list. Add to the slow cooker and stir. Let it come to a low boil. you could also use liquid from the slow cooker in place of the water.
I don't have a picture of the finished product! We eat it over cooked egg noodles but it would be good over pasta or rice as well. Next time I make it, I will take a finished picture and add it here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think