4/22/2016

One Pot Creamy Spaghetti

A big favorite around Chaosville is Spaghetti. Plain and simple, store bought sauce or homemade doesn't seem to make much difference to the crew here. So I don't really take note of spaghetti recipes when I see them. This one caught my eye when I saw it in an e-mail from Pillsbury, because it said one pot. So glad I kept it and made it! It's delicious, easy and always a big hit around here!

INGREDIENTS


1 pound ground beef or Italian sausage or turkey
3/4 pound uncooked spaghetti
1 (28 oz) can of crushed tomatoes with basil, undrained
32 ounces chicken broth or stock
1/2 cup heavy cream


Brown meat in a large pot and drain any grease. Add remaining ingredients to pot and stir to combine. I like to break up the noodles just a bit.


Heat to a boil and cook for 15-20 minutes or until noodles are done to your liking. Turn the noodles a few times to prevent them from sticking to the bottom of the pot. Top with Parmesan cheese, fresh basil or whatever you like. If you like things on the spicy side you can add crushed red pepper flakes with the other ingredients.



I forgot to take a picture when it was done so this one is after we had all gotten our servings. It makes plenty for my family of 5 but we usually do not have leftovers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think