4/05/2016

Creamy Cheesy Chicken and Rice

I have never quite found a chicken and rice recipe that I liked to make. I usually liked the way they tasted but they were hard or had ingredients I didn't care for or were bland. This one is AMAZING! Easy and delicious, especially if you use a rotisserie chicken like I did.


INGREDIENTS:
4 Tbsp butter
2 Tbsp minced garlic
2 cups shredded, cooked chicken
4 cups cooked brown rice
1/4 cup all purpose flour
1 tsp salt
1 tsp black pepper
2 cups chicken broth
2 cups shredded cheese (I typically use colby-jack)
Additional 1 1/2 cups shredded cheese for topping
1 Tbsp fresh chopped thyme (optional)

Melt butter in a saucepan over medium high heat. Cook garlic in melted butter for one minute. Add flour and seasonings and whisk.


Slowly add in chicken broth whisking constantly.


Whisk until thick and almost boiling, Add in the 2 cups of cheese, stirring until cheese is melted.


Stir cheese sauce into rice.


Add chicken.


Stir to combine and pour into a 9x13 casserole dish. Top with additional cheese, if desired. I know I desire it, but you may be a weirdo who doesn't like as much cheese different.


Bake at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes until cheese is melted.


This one is a BIG hit in Chaosville!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think