9/01/2010

Brownie Bottom Ice Cream Cupcakes

Today my sweet little baby girl turned 3. I know, I can hardly believe it myself, but it's true. Since her brother (and I) will have a birthday later this month, we have one big party in the middle. So we just needed a small cake-type thing to have tonight for dessert. A few weeks ago, I came across this recipe on a blog (sorry, I can't remember which one. I know it wasn't the one the recipe originates from though). I knew it would be great for Pattie's birthday night celebration!
The Ingredients: (no pic, sorry!)
1 package brownie mix of your choice (13 x 9 pan size)
Ice cream flavor of your choice (I used 1 pint of Chocolate and 1 pint of Cookies & Cream)
Foil cupcake liners
Whipped cream

Prepare brownies according to package instructions. Place foil liners into muffin cups and fill with a tablespoon or two of brownie batter (I used a small cookie scoop)
Bake at 350 degrees for 6-8 minutes or until cooked through. Mine took about 11 minutes because I filled them a little more than the original recipe called for. Cool the brownies completely and put them in the freezer for about 30 minutes. When you put the brownies in the freezer, take the ice cream out to soften. After 30 minutes, use an ice cream scoop to top each brownie with a dollop of ice cream.

Place back into freezer until ready to eat. Top with whipped topping and serve!
Clay doesn't like whipped cream (I know! Whose kid is he?!)
I think she liked them!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think