8/29/2010

Hearty Sausage Soup

This is another recipe I got off a postcard from a local realtor. Taco Soup is another one. I hope you like it as much as we do!
The Ingredients:
1 pound turkey or chicken sausage (I used Italian style pork sausage)
1 medium onion, diced
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 large carrots, diced (I used a handful of baby carrots)
1 large red potato, diced (I had 3 small ones)
2 tsp Italian seasoning (I used Cavender's Greek Seasoning)
2 cans chicken stock
1 can Italian style diced tomatoes
1 can white beans, undrained

Saute onions and garlic with sausage until browned. If you are using pork sausage you may need to drain some fat off.

While that cooks, prep the potatoes and carrots.

Add the carrots, potatoes and seasoning to the meat and cook for 3 minutes.

Add remaining ingredients and bring to a boil.

Reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes. Serve with grated Romano or Parmesan cheese and crusty bread.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think