8/07/2010

Oreo and Fudge Ice Cream Cake

I've had this recipe a while and I've made it several times. I ripped it out of a magazine but I can't remember which one. I think it was Kraft Food & Family.
The Ingredients:
1/2 cup fudge ice cream topping, warmed
1 tub (8 oz) Cool Whip, thawed, divided
1 pkg (4 serving size) Jell-o Chocolate Flavor Instant Pudding
8 Oreo Cookies
12 Vanilla Ice Cream Sandwiches

Pour fudge topping into a medium bowl. Stir in 1 cup whipped topping with a wire whisk until well blended. Add in the dry pudding mix; stir 2 minutes or until well blended. If it's too thick for spreading, add in a little milk. Like a tablespoon at a time.

Chop the Oreos into chunks.

Stir into pudding mixture.

Unwrap the ice cream sandwiches and place four of them side by side on a long sheet of aluminum foil.

Top with half the pudding mixture.

Repeat layers once more and top with remaining sandwiches.

Frost the top and sides with the rest of the whipped topping.

Wrap the foil around the "cake" and place in the freezer for at least 4 hours before serving. I got a late start making this yesterday and it only froze for about 3 hours before being served. It was a little soft but still oh-so-yummalish!!

It's not pretty or fancy, but we like it. I have made it before using Cookies & Cream Ice Cream sandwiches and it was even better!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think