9/20/2010

French Dip Roast

This is the Chaosville version of one I found on PW's Tasty Kitchen. We have a winner!! This was so good! I am trying to be good and not go through a whole loaf of bread just soaking up the au jus.
The Ingredients:
3 1/2 pound chuck roast (I couldn't find one that big so I bought two that added up to that weight)
1 can beef consomme
2 beef bouillon cubes
1 packet onion soup mix
1 (12 ounce) bottle of beer I chose to use a Sam Adams Oktoberfest but I can't wait to try this recipe with other kinds as well.

Season your roast(s) with some salt and pepper.

Place them in the crockpot. Mix the consomme and onion soup mix together.

Pour over meat.

Pour beer over meat.

Drop bouillon cubes in on opposite sides of crockpot.

Cook on low 6 - 8 hours. Slice or shred meat and place back into au jus.

To serve, slice French or Italian bread into thin slices and toast lightly. I put a little butter on them first.

Place a slice or two of meat on top of the toasted bread and top with provolone cheese.

Broil lightly until cheese melts. Dipping into a small bowl of au jus puts this over the moon!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think