9/03/2010

Beef Taco Skillet

This is one of the wonderful recipes from the nice folks over at Campbell's Soup. It's very fast and easy and (most importantly) delicious. My 3 kids eat it up. In fact, tonight they each ate a second helping!
The Ingredients:
1 pound ground beef (or in my case, turkey)
1 can tomato soup
1/2 cup water
1 cup picante sauce
1 cup shredded cheese
8 flour tortillas

Brown meat in a large skillet or stock pot. Since I double the recipe, I use my big stockpot. Drain off any fat.

While the meat browns, shred your cheese and cut up the tortillas into bite sized pieces.

Add the soup, picante, water, tortillas and half the cheese to the meat.

Bring to a boil; reduce heat to simmer, cover and heat through about 5 minutes. Serve with more shredded cheese, jalapenos, sour cream and any other toppings you may like.

Or with a nice glass of wine!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think