9/13/2010

Casa Ole Green Sauce Copycat

I used to love eating at Casa Ole. When we lived near Fort Hood there was was very close to our house right at the edge of town. I always ordered the same thing: Shrimp Fajita Quesadillas. Then I would gorge myself on chips and green sauce until they got to the table then I would use more green sauce to dip the quesadillas in. Then we moved to Chaosville and the nearest Casa Ole is pretty far from our house. Still every once in a while we would drive over for a meal. Then they changed the shrimp fajita quesadillas. They started putting spinach and mushrooms in them. Not-so-good! And there's a really great Mexican place in our town so we eat there when the mood strikes us. But they don't have green sauce...or shrimp fajita quesadillas :(
After my success with Google helping me find a copycat for Chuy's Creamy Jalapeno Dip, I decided to google Casa Ole Green Sauce and looky what I found!
The ingredients:
4 avocados
1 (16 oz) container sour cream
1 can Rotel
1 Tbsp garlic powder
1 (4 oz) can green chiles
2 tsp salt
1 tsp lemon juice
3 oz cream cheese

Mix and blend all ingredients until smooth. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours to allow flavors to fully blend. Serve with chips, or quesadillas!!
I put the avocados and all the other ingredients except the sour cream in my food processor and blended them together. It pretty much filled up my machine. So I put the blend in a large bowl and then added the sour cream with a whisk. Turned out great and it was a big hit at our party.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think