12/26/2011

How "The Plans" Turned Out

So, Christmas is over and I am grading myself on how I did. If you read my Plans post (if you didn't click through really quickly) it seemed a little ambitious for me and truth be told, I didn't do it all....yet. I think I can finish them up though, we'll see.
In any case, I did all my baking on Thursday the 22nd. I started with this scene:


And my new secret weapon:


I got this as a free gift when I purchased a cookbook from Southern Living. It came with a recipe book out of which I chose Bourbon Pecan Bread for one of my Christmas loaves.
After an entire day with my oven on and three batches of each type of bread, I ended up with the means to send out this:


Truth be told, only two recipients got theirs in the pretty box! I ended up mailing them all out, even to family we would be visiting. I just figured it was the best way to get everyone their breads while still fresh. What I didn't realize was how much that would cost!! Oh, well, live and learn.
Anyhoo, each box contains: Cranberry-Orange bread, Pumpkin bread, Bourbon-Pecan bread, Double Chocolate loaf, Mocha Cappuccino mix, Peach freezer jam and Triple Berry freezer jam (unless I knew for sure that the family didn't like something in there). I had some leftovers after all the boxes were made so I was able to give some to other neighbors and the mail lady, and of course we ate some too. My favorite has got to be the Double Chocolate loaf!! I'm sad to say the Bourbon-Pecan doesn't thrill me though. It's not quite sweet enough. It's too bad too because it had the most expensive ingredient!!
I did not make the dog treats or the chex mix but I still have some time. The chex mix at least should get made today! Dog treats may have to wait until we get back from visiting family! I hope your Christmas was as wonderful as ours. I'll be back in 2012 with more tasty treats and yummy suppers. Thanks so much for stopping by and reading my blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think