12/26/2011

French Dip Roast with Round Steak

We recently bought half of a 2 year old bull that my parents had butchered. It has made my freezer look like this:


Fully half of the meat is hamburger and then there are several varieties of steaks including a whole mess of round steak. Round steak lends itself pretty well to low and slow cooking so I started looking for slow cooker recipes for it and came across this extremely easy one.

The Ingredients:


1 pound round steak
1 envelope Onion soup mix
1 can beef broth (or equivalent)
**I doubled this recipe**

First I trimmed the fat from the steaks and cut them into smaller pieces, about a serving size each. Sorry but I guess I didn't take a picture of them! Then you mix the rest of the ingredients in the slow cooker.


Place the meat into the broth mixture.


Cook on low for 8 hours or high for 4 but I recommend the low method. We served the meat with rice and the au jus is delicious so I made some French bread to soak it up with!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think