7/16/2010

"Stupid Chicken"

No, this post is not about one of my backyard flock, since that would be better suited for the family blog than the recipe blog, don't you think? In any case after a VERY long time of it being on the menu every week and getting skipped, I FINALLY made the "Stupid Chicken" recipe I got off of Recipe Lion!! I have to say I'm glad we didn't give up because we thought it was very tasty. The name says it all as far as preparation goes, too. Here's how it works:
1 lb (about 4) boneless, skinless Chicken breasts
28 ounces (2 cans) Italian seasoned diced tomatoes
1 packet Lipton Savory Herb and Garlic soup mix
Seriously, that's all you need!!
Cut the chicken into bite sized pieces.
In a large bowl, mix the tomatoes and the soup together and add the chicken.

Mix again and pour into slow cooker.

Cook on low for 6 to 8 hours until chicken is done. Serve over hot cooked noodles or rice. We used spaghetti but I think next time I will use bow ties.

I also smothered mine in Parmesan and mozzarella cheese because that's what I do. It was so good and easy to make. The kids inhaled it; even Pattie (age 2 3/4) asked for seconds. There is another dish I make that is similar to this but it is made with fresh tomato and cooks in the oven. I think I will switch to this when it's so hot outside.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think