7/22/2010

Easy Stroganoff

This recipe comes from Campbell's Soup (although I can't find it on their website anymore) and it's a quick and easy version of Stroganoff. My family likes it, but it is a little bland. We spice it up with Tony Chachere's seasoning but you could certainly add anything you like to it and make it your own.
Ingredients:
1 pound ground beef (I use turkey)
1 onion, chopped
1 can Cream of Mushroom soup
1/2 cup sour cream
1 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
1/3 cup milk
Hot cooked noodles or rice (I use egg noodles)

The first thing I do is put on the pot of water for the noodles and chop the onion.

Then cook the meat and onion together in a large skillet (if it looks like a lot, it's because I always double this recipe. We use the leftovers for lunch the next day and I usually freeze a couple servings too).

When the noodles are done cooking, drain them in a colander and in the pot they cooked in, mix the soup, sour cream, milk, and Worcestershire sauce.**

Then put the noodles back in on top of the sauce.

By now the meat and onions should be ready too. You'll need to drain the fat off. Once upon a time when I didn't know any better I used to drain meat into the sink. Then we had a lake in our kitchen one morning and discovered a big grease clog in our pipes. Now I do it like this:

That's a bowl with a paper towel in it, on top of another paper towel. Place your colander inside the bowl and your meat in the colander. Later you have a semi-soaked up, almost solid blob of grease you can throw away inside of an empty can like I do.

Add your meat and onions to the big pot and stir it all up. Heat through.

Serve with a nice salad and some crusty bread. Yum and Done!!


**In our house we call it woostie because it's so darn hard to say "woostersher" sometimes and when you think about how it's spelled while you say it your tongue just will NOT cooperate!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think