7/29/2010

Cheeseburger Biscuit Bake

Due to the supreme popularity of Sloppy Joe Casserole in Chaosville, I knew when I saw this recipe for a cheeseburger version, it would be a hit as well.
Ingredients:
1 pound ground beef (I used turkey)
1/4 cup chopped onion
1 (8 oz) can tomato sauce
1/4 cup ketchup
dash of pepper
2 cups shredded cheese, divided
1 tube refrigerated buttermilk biscuits (10 biscuits)

Brown meat and onion in a skillet.

When meat is browned, drain fat and stir in tomato sauce, ketchup and pepper. Spoon half the mixture into a well greased 8 x 8 pan. Top with half the cheese. Repeat layers.

Top with biscuits.

Bake at 400 degrees for 18 - 22 minutes or until biscuits are golden brown.

We had this with oven baked french fries and sweet potato fries. It was very good. Since the boys aren't here this week I did not double the recipe. Next time I make it I will have to because it would not have been enough to feed all of us plus have leftovers for Jayme to take for lunch today. When I double it I'll bake it in a 9 x 13 dish and use a few more biscuits. I think next time I make this I will add some bacon to it too!

Made it tonight with the bacon; so good!! I diced and fried the bacon, then put it in the middle of the two layers. I used about three slices of thick cut bacon. It gave the whole dish a wonderful smoky flavor. I will add bacon from now on.
I also use Grand's Jr biscuits now and I always double the recipe and use a 9 x 13 pan.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think