2/13/2013

Tortellini Soup

For my third week of challenge recipes, I wanted to try out a new soup. I printed the recipe out a very long time ago and the top of the page says Real Simple so you can find it there. I changed it up a little to make it lazier easier for me. It was delicious!!! I almost cried when I had to throw away the last of the leftovers. I don't keep things for more than a couple days. This made a lot of soup; next time I will have to make it for guests!

The Ingredients


1 Rotisserie chicken, shredded/cut into bit-sized chunks
2 "pods" of concentrated chicken stock
7 cups water
1 cup diced carrots
1 cup fresh spinach, julienne sliced
1 bag frozen cheese tortellini
salt and pepper to taste
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese

Bring the water to a boil and add the concentrated stock. Whisk to combine. Add the remaining ingredients, except the chicken and Parmesan, and simmer according to the tortellini directions.



When the tortellini is done, add the chicken and heat for 3 minutes. Serve in bowls with Parmesan cheese.



Heavenly! I only wished I had thought to make some bread to go with it. I imagine the broth would have been very good soaked into fresh French bread :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think