2/18/2013

Crescent Cheese Danish

My fabulous mother-in-law is to thank for this one. I have eaten it many times but never tried to make it before. I made it over the weekend for a large group to snack on while breakfast was cooking. Then I ate some more for elevensies and after lunch and before I left to go back home and then it was mysteriously all gone! I wonder where it went?

The Ingredients


2 cans crescent rolls (I was so happy to find the sheet style cans again!)
2 8 oz packages cream cheese (as always, if the recipe calls for softened, I use whipped instead of softening a brick)
3/4 cup sugar
1 egg yolk
1/2 tsp vanilla
1/2 tsp lemon juice

Lay one sheet of rolls in the bottom of a 9 x 13 pan that you have lightly sprayed with cooking spray.


Mix the cream cheese, sugar, vanilla and lemon together until smooth. I find a pastry blender does a great job with this task.


Spread cream cheese mixture evenly on top of rolls.


Top with remaining roll of crescents. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes or until top is golden brown.


Cut into squares or smaller pieces if you like.


DEVOUR! Er, em, I mean ENJOY :)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think