2/13/2013

Alfredo Sauce Trial 1

For the second week of my new recipe challenge, I looked for a quick and easy Alfredo sauce recipe that used half and half because I had some delicious Promised Land Dairy Half and Half on hand. So I Googled and made the first one that came up. I don't love this one but the rest of the family did. It was surely easy but I think the cream cheese made it too stringy or tangy or something. Also, next time I think I will stick to grated Parmesan. It wasn't what I was looking for in an Alfredo. But that isn't to say it was bad. Objectively it WAS tasty and the fact that the clones ate it up made me very happy indeed. Here you go:

The Ingredients


1/2 cup (one stick) butter
8 oz cream cheese
1 cup half and half
1/3 cup Parmesan cheese
1 Tbsp garlic powder (to taste, optional)
pepper (to taste)

Melt the butter in a medium saucepan. When it is almost melted, add the cream cheese and stir until it is melted and combined.


Add remaining ingredients and stir until combined and saucy.


If it isn't quite thick enough, remove from heat and let sit a few minutes, checking occasionally for thickness. Serve over hot fresh noodles. I don't have a plate picture because everyone was so eager to try it! Again, it was good but I am going to try another recipe next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think