12/26/2010

Mashed Potato Casserole

A couple years ago at Thanksgiving, my sister-in-law made this for our potato dish. I loved it so much I asked her for the recipe and she told me it was a Betty Crocker dish called "Crunchy Onion Potato Bake". We just call it Mashed Potato Casserole.

The Ingredients
2 1/2 cups milk
1 1/2 cups water
1/4 cup butter
1 box Betty Crocker Mashed Potatoes (I use the Creamy Butter flavor)
1 can corn
1 cup shredded cheese
1 can (2.8 oz) fried onions (I could only find a large can at the store)

In a large saucepan, bring milk, water and butter to a boil.

Add both puches of potatoes and stir until moistened. Let stand one minute, then stir smooth with a fork. Add the (drained) can of corn.

Spoon half the mixture into a well greased 9 x 13 dish. Sprinkle with half the cheese and half the onions.

Repeat layers and place into a preheated 350 degree oven.

Bake 10 to 15 minutes or until cheese is melted and onions are golden. I didn't get a picture until *someone* had taken a few servings out!

We had this with our steaks for Christmas dinner last night. Very yummy and oh so good leftover too :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think