3/30/2010

Lasagna Soup

This is one of the absolute best things I make! It isn't very soupy, it is very good leftover and when you add a nice salad and some crusty bread....yum! Speaking of crusty bread, have you tried the new Simply bread by Pillsbury? So good!!
The Ingredients--quantities are for a single recipe, pictures show a doubled recipe.



1 lb ground beef (or ground turkey or ground venison)
1/4 tsp garlic powder (I use minced garlic instead of powder)
2 cans Swanson Seasoned Beef Broth with Onion (I can never find the beef broth with onions so I use beef bouillon cubes and add about half a large onion, diced, in with the meat. I have also used one can of regular beef broth and one can of French Onion Soup. I have also used beef broth I saved from a Shredded Beef Au Jus)
1 can diced tomatoes
1/4 tsp Italian Seasoning (I use Cavender’s Greek Seasoning instead of Italian seasoning and I don't measure it, I just sprinkle it in until I think there's enough)
1 1/2 cups uncooked corkscrew or elbow macaroni
1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
Yikes! That picture didn't show the best part:


Cook beef with garlic and onion in skillet until browned.

Pour off fat.  Add broth, tomatoes, and Italian/Greek seasoning.

Heat to a boil. Stir in pasta.

Cook over medium heat 10 minutes or until pasta is done. Stir in cheese.

Serve with additional cheese, if desired. Who am I kidding? Of course it's desired!!
Pattie liked hers so much she couldn't make herself leave the table, even when she couldn't keep her eyes open any longer.....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think