3/16/2010

Vacation eats

Well, we are back from our Spring Break in Houston/Crosby and we have all gained a pound or two after being fed all sorts of wonderful things. Our first stop was Nana and Papa's house. They are both PHENOMENAL cooks and they made us some of their yummiest. We had pot roast, homemade chicken fried steak, and chicken spaghetti with them as well as homemade waffles for breakfast one morning. We also ate dinner at Jayme's brother's house. Erika (my bestie SIL) made us vegetarian enchiladas that were very, very, very good. Raley said, "Mommy, you should ask Aunt Erika for the recipe so you can make them at home." To which I replied, "Well, I watched her make them and I just don't think I want to work that hard!"
At my folks' house we had roast pork, tacos and shredded pork sandwiches (made from the leftover roast... heavenly!). We ate out one night at Baytown Seafood and I had coconut shrimp and fried scallops. Makes me drool just thinking about it. We also managed a lunch at China Ko which is the best place for Chinese food I have ever been to (and I have tried a lot of Chinese places).
We spent an afternoon at Mimi's house and Jayme's brother Jef made his famous ribs. We went out to the Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo and ate some vendor food. I had my favorite brisket sandwich from Goode Company BBQ. Raley and Jayme had tamales and Clay had chicken strips. We also tracked down some chicken fried bacon but it was kind of a let down. Way too salty for me and no gravy!
If food is love then we feel very loved by all the special times we had sharing wonderful meals with our families on our trip. I am getting back into my swing of things. It's hard to come home from vacation and start thinking about feeding my crew again...that's why this week's menu is a little sad. I am going to try better next week, I promise. Until then!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think