2/02/2011

Italian Crescent Casserole

This is a great recipe from the Pillsbury website. I have modified it slightly to suit our tastes.
The Ingredients
1 pound ground beef or turkey
¼ cup chopped onion
1 cup pasta sauce
½ cup shredded mozzarella cheese
½ cup sour cream
1 can crescent rolls
1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
2 Tbsp melted butter

Brown meat and onion; drain fat. Add pasta sauce and heat through.

Combine mozzarella and sour cream.

Pour meat mixture into deep dish pie pan or 11 x 7 dish. Spoon cheese mixture over meat.

Unroll crescent dough over cheese layer. Points to center if using a pie pan. Mix Parmesan cheese and butter. Spread on top of dough. I like to sprinkle a little garlic salt or powder on top as well.

Bake at 375 degrees for 18-25 minutes until dough is golden brown.
** I double everything except the crescent and topping and use a 13 x 9 pan. This feeds us all very well and yields at least 2 servings of leftovers.

1 comment:

  1. This is brilliant - looks delicious! Our online recipe club is making a Breakfast Shepherd's Pie this month. I'm thinking I'm going to mix it up and put potatoes in the filling and use the crescent roll topping so I have some good variations for our virtual discussion!

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think