2/27/2012

Amish Friendship Bread-Banana Muffins

I have had a lot of fun with my Amish Friendship Bread starter. This variation made quick use of some bananas that were in danger of being tossed!
The Ingredients:
1 cup starter
3 eggs
1 cup oil
1/2 cup milk
1 cup sugar
1 cup ripe mashed banana
1 tsp vanilla
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
2 tsp cinnamon
2 cups flour
1 large box instant vanilla pudding mix

Ordinarily, Amish Friendship Bread is baked into two loaves. I decided to make these more appealing to my 4 year old by making muffins. She LOVES muffins!! To make loaves, cook at 325 degrees for one hour. For muffins:
Grease muffin pans and sprinkle them with a mixture of cinnamon and sugar.
I used one jumbo muffin pan
and one mini muffin pan.
Mix ingredients in order and pour batter into prepared pans.

Bake at 325 degrees. Mini muffins took 15 minutes to cook.


Jumbo muffins were done in 30 minutes
Allow muffins to cool for 30 minutes in pan before turning them out onto wire rack to cool completely. Pattie said, "Mommy, call the police cause I'm stealing another muffin in here!" I guess I'll take that to mean she likes them :)
For more fun variations, visit this website.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think