3/30/2011

My First KitchenAid Bread

About a week ago, I finally bought myself a shiny red KitchenAid mixer. They happened to be on sale at Target for $50 off and when combined with our 10% discount it was a deal too good to pass up. Today I finally got some time to make something with it. I had a bread mix and decided to dive right in!
The mix was pretty simple. The yeast was included. All I had to add was a little butter to cut in and the water to mix in with the yeast. I attached the dough hook to my mixer and turned it on.
Look at it go!!
After the kneading portion was done, the bread needed to rise. It was a chilly day here so I followed a recommended hint and turned my oven on to 400 degrees for one minute, then shut it off. I set the bowl of bread dough in the oven to rise for about an hour.
Grow my beauty!
Once it had doubled in size I put it on my counter that was floured with a little of the dry bread mix. Following another hint in the mixer booklet, I made a rectangle out of the dough and then rolled it into the loaf shape. Plop that into a greased loaf pan and let it rise until just above the top of the pan.
After it rose this second time, I baked it at 350 degrees for 30 minutes until it was golden brown. The bread turned out really tasty but there isn't enough of it left for a picture. I guess I'll have to make some more, huh?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think