11/16/2010

Green Bean Casserole

Here is another Thanksgiving staple for us. One of the few dishes I adore that day but cannot stand to eat leftovers of the next day. I think it's the absence of crunch the next day. In any case, the recipe I make is pretty basic. I use the one on the can of French's Fried Onions with a minor change or two.

The Ingredients *This makes a double recipe in a 9 x 13 pan.


2 cans (10 3/4 oz) Cream of Mushroom soup
1 1/2 cups milk
1/4 tsp pepper
1 large can (6 oz) French's Fried Onions
1 small can (2.8 oz) French's Fried Onions
4 cans (14 1/2 oz) French Style Green Beans, drained and rinsed

Mix together soup and milk. Add pepper, green beans and large can of onions.

Stir. Pour into a prepared 9 x 13 casserole dish.
Bake at 350 degrees F for 30 minutes. Remove from oven and sprinkle small can of onions on top.

Return to oven for 5 minutes. Serve and enjoy. It's the perfect side for your holiday feast.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think