10/17/2010

Pumpkin Pancakes

When I logged in to Facebook this morning I scrolled through the posts on my news feed since I went to bed last night. Among them was a link from a friend of mine about the Pumpkin Pancakes she was going to make in the morning. Pumpkin is a magic word for me so I clicked the link and found Martha! With Jayme working nights, I like to make a late, late breakfast on Sunday afternoon when he wakes up. We also have a Breakfast-For-Dinner night almost every week. I decided to try this recipe out since I had all the needed ingredients. (I keep hearing about pumpkin shortages again this year so every time I go to the store I buy a can or two)
The Ingredients:
1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
2 Tbsp sugar
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp ground ginger
1/2 tsp salt
1/8 tsp nutmeg
pinch of ground cloves (really Martha? Couldn't give us a measurement?) I used my 1/8 tsp and filled it halfway so I guess I used a 1/16 tsp?
1 cup milk
6 Tbsp pumpkin puree
2 Tbsp melted butter
1 egg

Whisk together all dry ingredients.
Mix together all wet ingredients.
Heat skillet or griddle and grease with a little butter.
Fold wet ingredients into dry ingredients.
Drop by 1/4 cup full onto hot griddle.
Cook for 2 -3 minutes per side and serve with butter and syrup. These were FANTASTIC! Every bite was better than the last. I got 11 pancakes out of this single recipe of batter. These would be really good with chocolate chips in them too, or with some icing-type creamy syrup! Yummalish!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think