10/27/2010

Chicken Picante with Rice Tutorial

I have had this recipe for a long time and I am not quite sure where it came from. I think I got it off the Pace Picante Sauce jar to be totally honest. I just know it's one of our favorites!
The Ingredients

1 1/2 cups picante sauce
3 Tbsp packed brown sugar
1 Tbsp Dijon mustard (I actually use a homemade Bourbon mustard)
4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
3 cups cooked, hot rice**

Mix picante sauce, brown sugar, and mustard together in a small bowl.

Place chicken in a shallow baking dish.

Pour sauce mix over chicken.

Bake at 400 degrees F for 20 minutes or until chicken is done.

Serve over rice. Simple, easy and deelish!!

** A note on cooking rice. I was surprised at how many people I know who claim they can't cook good rice. It is one of the only things I could make when I got married so I will share my method for anyone who is curious.
The Ingredients

4 cups water
2 cups uncooked rice
2 tsp salt
4 Tbsp unsalted butter
This will make 4 cups of rice. Basically for the amount of cooked rice you want you use the following formula: for every cup of cooked rice = 1 cup water + 1/2 cup uncooked rice + 1/2 tsp salt + 1 Tbsp butter
Bring water to a boil. Add the rice, salt and butter.
Simmer with the cover on for 20 minutes. NO PEEKING!!
Take off the lid, fluff the rice with a fork and serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think