2/22/2010

Shredded Pork Wraps

I am trying out a new recipe for tonight and as long as my crockpot doesn't decide it hates me (again), I am looking forward to a tasty meal with little to do but sit down and eat it. I'll have to post an update for you with whether or not it was liked by any or all of us.
One of the food issues we have to deal with around here is Jayme's dislike of sweet tasting meats. He does not like barbecue sauce, baked beans and the like (but he will eat brown sugar/honey glazed ham). This has led me to yearn for things like BBQ sandwiches or even a Manwich from time to time. One day I happened upon this recipe for shredded pork that had no barbecue sauce so it had potential for our house. Of course I promptly forgot all about it and only recently re-discovered it in my pork recipe section.
So it is in the crockpot, slowly cooking to (hopeful) perfection for tonight. All that's left to do is shred some cheese and lettuce and heat up the tortillas!
The Ingredients:


1 1/4 cups salsa--divided
2 TBSP cornstarch or 4 TBSP flour
2 1/2 pound pork loin
8 flour tortillas
2 cups shredded cheese
shredded lettuce, diced tomatoes, onion, jalapenos or other toppings as desired

Combine 1/2 cup salsa and cornstarch/flour; stir until smooth. Pour into crockpot.

Top with pork.

Pour remaining salsa on top of pork.


Cover and cook on low 6 - 8 hours. Remove roast and cool 10 - 15 minutes, then shred pork.


Use remaining ingredients to make wraps. The boys like them with just a little cheese.

I like mine with cheese, sour cream and fresh spinach!


You'll have a very filling meal and enough leftovers for a lunch or two as well. It's one of our favorite meals.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think