6/23/2013

Squash on the Side

Summer squash is one of those things I just can't get enough of when I make but I don't make often because the kids don't like it. Well, we had a dinner guest last night so I used the excuse to of another person to go ahead and make this fast and easy side dish.
The Ingredients:


 4 summer squash, sliced into rounds
about the same amount of sliced sweet onion
1/4 cup stick butter
salt and pepper to taste

Put the butter in a skillet and add the sliced onion and squash.


Sprinkle in some salt and pepper. Put the lid on the skillet and cook over medium heat until soft.


Seriously, that's it! You barely have to watch it at all. Stir it a time or two and make sure there is enough butter that they aren't sticking or frying. Absolute perfection!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think