6/23/2013

Honey Beer Bread

I finally made another challenge recipe! Aren't you proud of me? As soon as I saw this posted on Brown Eyed Baker I knew I had to try it out. It was very good and I can't wait to try it out with lots of my favorite beers.
The Ingredients:


2 cups all purpose flour
1 cup bread flour**
1 Tbsp sugar
1 Tbsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
1 (12 oz) bottle of beer
3 Tbsp honey
4 Tbsp unsalted butter, melted and slightly cooled
**I did go ahead and buy some bread flour even though you can sub in regular flour. Like I said, I plan to make this a lot so it was worth the extra cost to have the right ingredients.

Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease a loaf pan. Whisk together the dry ingredients.


Pour in the beer. This time I used Blue Moon because I happened to have some in my fridge and I wanted to start off on the lighter end of beer I will drink. You always want a beer you cook with to be one you would drink anyway.



Add in the honey and stir until fully combined with a rubber spatula. Pour into prepared loaf pan.


Pour the melted butter evenly over the top of the loaf.


Bake for 50 to 60 minutes until golden brown and a knife stuck in the middle comes out clean. 


Cool to room temperature before slicing.


This was so darn good! We ate all but two slices with dinner. I already have a big list of beers to use in the future for this. Thanks Brown Eyed Baker!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think