6/23/2013

Mashed Potatoes a la PW

I couldn't believe I had never shared this recipe before but I guess I just thought everyone probably knew about it. In any case, I decided to post it today. It is straight out of the Pioneer Woman Cooks cookbook and the only thing I change is I cut it in half. Here's how that looks!

The Ingredients:


2 1/2 pounds potatoes
6 Tbsp butter (plus 2 more for the top)
4 oz cream cheese
1/4 cup half-and-half
1/4 tsp seasoned salt
salt and pepper to taste

I have a nifty little kitchen scale which helps out a lot with things like this! I peeled potatoes and added them to the bowl until it was right.


Halve or quarter each potatoes to make fairly uniform pieces that will cook evenly. Bring a pot of water to a slow boil over medium-high heat. Add the potatoes and bring to a full boil. Cook for 20 to 30 minutes until fork tender.


Drain potatoes and put back into the pot over low heat while you mash them.



Add the butter, cream cheese and half-and-half.


Mash some more until everything is combined and soft. you may need to add a touch more half-and-half.


Season and taste and adjust as necessary. You could go ahead and serve them now but that would just be plain old mashed potatoes! PW has other ideas!! Spread those taters out into a casserole dish and dot the top with a little more butter. Cover and bake at 350 degrees for about 25 minutes and you have really got a treat in store!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think