3/05/2012

French Toast

When I was in second grade, our teacher taught us how to make French Toast just before Mother's Day. It was a very simple recipe and I have been making it ever since. French Toast is one of those dishes that you can dress up or dress down and really do almost anything to it and it will turn out amazing. I am a simple girl and I like to keep it simple. So here is the recipe, let your tastebuds be the judge!
The Ingredients:

eggs
milk
cinnamon
bread (I like to use Texas Toast but have also used regular bread, cinnamon bread, French bread and even banana bread and pumpkin bread)
You also need some highly specialized equipment:


So this is one of those recipes without quantities. But don't let that scare you. Start out by cracking a few eggs out into a shallow dish. Add a couple splashes of milk, not too much!


Now whisk it all up like you are going to scramble the eggs. Then sprinkle in some cinnamon. As much or as little as you like.


Give that a stir to mix it in and then start dredging the bread slices.


Make sure you get the egg on all the surfaces. The first couple slices will have a lot of cinnamon!


Put the bread on a hot skillet or griddle.


After a few minutes, flip the slices over. See what I mean about the first pieces having more cinnamon. This works out great for us because my husband "loves" cinnamon and I am more on the "like" side with it. He gets the cinnamony pieces.


When both sides are done, place them on a warm plate until all the slices get finished. For some reason, one side is always prettier than the other too.


I had a half loaf of French bread from dinner the night before so I sliced it up too.


Breakfast is served!


Don't forget the syrup and powdered sugar. Bon appetit!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think