3/07/2012

Amish Friendship Bread--New York Cheesecake

The Ingredients:


1 cup Amish bread starter
1 cup oil
1/2 cup milk
3 eggs
1/2 tsp vanilla
2 cups flour
1 cup sugar
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
2 small boxes instant cheesecake pudding mix

For the filling:


8 oz cream cheese**
1/2 cup sugar
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla

In a large bowl, mix the wet ingredients together. In another bowl, mix the dry ingredients. Add the dry to the wet and mix well. In a small bowl, combine the filling ingredients. Spoon mixture over the top of the bread batter and swirl a knife through. Pour into two well greased bread pans. I like to sprinkle sugar in the pans after spraying. This gives the bread a wonderful little crunch on the outside. Bake bread at 325 degrees for 1 hour or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.


**I find that 12 ounces of whipped cream cheese does wonderfully as a substitute for 8 ounces of softened cream cheese or if you are going to need to combine it with other ingredients.

***UPDATE***
If you really want a treat, try the addition I made this 4th of July. To me, summer is all about peaches. I was looking for something "peachy" to take for dessert to our 4th of July picnic with my parents and grandparents. I checked the webiste above for peach recipes and I didn't have the ingredients I would have needed for any of them. I decided that just putting some chopped up fresh peaches in the cheesecake bread I was making would be a good gamble. And I was right!! It was fantastic. I highly recommend it. I used one cup and made just one loaf with the peaches in it. Everyone swooned :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think