5/26/2011

Tilapia Tacos

Something you may not know about me but it is relevant to this post: I AM A BIG FAT CHICKEN! When I try something knew it is very hard for me to post about it unless it is a big success. Recently when trying to find something, anything for dinner that would not involve another trip to the store, this idea popped into my head. I figured it would be something we horked down and forgot about never to mention again so I didn't bother taking any pics. I was soooooooooo wrong; it was insanely good! So yay for me but boo for no pictures on this post!
The Ingredients:
1 pound (about 4 or 5) Tilapia fillets
Chipotle seasoning
lime juice
fresh cilantro
tortillas
taco topping of your choice

Heat oven to 350 degrees. Sprinkle a shallow casserole dish with chipotle seasoning and place tilapia fillets on top. Sprinkle a little more seasoning on top. Bake at 350 for 10 minutes. They probably won't be quite finished yet. Sprinkle on some lime juice and throw a little fresh chopped cilantro on them and check them again in 5 minutes or so. When the fish flakes easily with a fork, remove it from the oven and cut it into bite size chunks.
Get your tortillas and heat them up a little. Now add some of the fish and any toppings you like. I put tomato, a little more cilantro and some Creamy Jalapeno sauce on mine. PERFECTION!!!!! This is something we will have again, and soon. I promise to take pictures next time :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think