5/23/2011

Oreo Cheesecake Cookies

About a month ago, I happened across this recipe from Brown Eyed Baker. I showed it to Raley and his eyes bugged out of his head. He asked right then for me to make them for his birthday treat at school.
The Ingredients
1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
3 ounces cream cheese, softened
1 cup granulated sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
1 cup Oreo crumbs

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper (I was out so I skipped this step and they were fine). Cream together the butter and cream cheese until smooth.

Add the sugar and vanilla and mix until well-combined. Add the flour and mix on low.

Stir in the mini chips with a spatula. I added a little more than the recipe called for.

Get your crumbs ready. I blitzed some oreos in my food processor until crumby :)

Scoop cookie dough by spoonful and roll into a ball using your hands.

Drop cookie ball into crumbs and turn to coat.

Place on cookie sheet and bake for 12 to 15 minutes per batch.

Cool in pan about 2 minutes before transferring to wire rack to cool completely. Store in an airtight container.

I was a little concerned about having enough cookies for Raley's class because the original recipe said it made one dozen cookies. I only had enough butter to double the recipe which would be 24 cookies but there are 35 kids in his class! I don't know if I made them small or just got lucky but we ended up with about 55 cookies. I sent 40 with Raley and we enjoyed the rest. He came home with orders from his teaching team of three teachers to tell me they were very good. SUCCESS!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think