4/27/2020

Salisbury Steak 3

I have two different Salisbury Steak recipes on this blog already. I love the easy patties in this one and the sauce from this one. Since finding the second recipe I have tended to make a combination of the two so I thought I would blog that version!

THE INGREDIENTS FOR THE PATTIES


 1 cup of milk
28 saltine crackers
4 TBSP dried minced onion
4 tsp dried parsley flakes
2 pounds lean ground beef

THE INGREDIENTS FOR THE SAUCE





1 can condensed French onion soup
2 TBSP flour (I use seasoned flour)
1/2 cup ketchup
4-6 tsp Worcestershire sauce
1 tsp ground mustard
1/2 cup water

In a large bowl, mix the saltine, onion and parsley flakes. Add the milk and allow to soak while you make the sauce.


In a separate bowl, combine the sauce ingredients. Whisk together until flour is fully blended in.


Back to the meat! Mix the ground beef into the crackers mixture. I find the best tool for this is my hands.





Once fully mixed, I sort of divide the bowl into eighths.




Grab a section and roll it into a ball in your hands. Then flatten it out into a patty.




Place the patty into a 9x13 pan. I also like to poke a hole in the middle to help them cook through evenly.









Pour the sauce over the patties. Bake at 350 degrees for 55 minutes or until cooked through.





This is a doubled recipe of the original and it makes 8 patties. I put two in a smaller dish and bake it all at the same time. This last picture is of all 8 patties in the smaller dish. The recipe can be halved but it leaves you with half a can of condensed soup. I guess you could make half the meat mix and all the sauce and have extra sauce for potatoes!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think