5/09/2012

New Beer Wednesday 5/9/12

A few weeks ago my brother posted on his Facebook page something about Wednesday can kiss his @$$. I asked him what happened and after a lengthy back and forth we came up with the idea to have a weekly tribute to a new beer. Thus was New Beer Wednesday born. Every Wednesday since we have tried a new beer and posted the picture on our Facebook wall.
What's funny is the response! I have had people send me a private message about waiting every week for my selection but they can't participate because of their job and who might see it (I live in the East Texas Bible Belt!) and comments on my picture about how they have looked forward to what I would choose. I invite them to post too and broaden their own horizons.
The best way to try new beers is to find a store that lets you build your own six-pack. That way you can just buy one of each new beer and if you don't like it you won't have 5 more wasting in your fridge. This is for people who aren't your run-of-the-mill Miller Lite/Budweiser/Coors fans. You have to think outside the box.
I thought it might be fun to post them on here too and maybe encourage some of you to join in the mid-week fun. So tonight's selection for me was Stone Brewing Company's Ruination IPA. I have had the regular IPA from Stone and enjoyed it quite a bit. This one is a little different, a little more and a little STONE. They make some great beer there in the city of my birth. Follow the link to the official website info.
I would love to know if you are playing along!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think