1/14/2012

Bella Cucina Mini Donut Maker

For Christmas, my grandparents gave us a Bella Cucina Mini Donut Maker!


I am really excited about it because I have wanted one for a while. And it's red so it matches my kitchen. After my post-holiday bout of pneumonia, I felt well enough to finally give it a test drive. I used the Basic Donut Recipe included in the instruction booklet.
The Ingredients:


1 cup flour
1/2 cup sugar
1 Tbsp baking powder
1 egg
1/2 cup milk
1/2 tsp vanilla
4 Tbsp vegetable oil

Plug in the donut maker and wipe the face of both plates with an oiled paper towel. While it preheats, whip up the batter.


Stir the dry ingredients together in a medium sized bowl.


Whisk together the egg, milk, and vanilla. Add wet mix to dry mix.


Beat with an electric mixer for one minute (or vigorously by hand).


Add oil and beat for one more minute. Pour by scant tablespoons into the donut wells.


Close the lid and wait about 2 minutes then check the donuts for doneness. Mine took about 2 or 3 minutes per batch.


They were very tasty plain. They reminded me of pancakes. Slightly sweet on their own they could be dressed up a thousand ways! I dusted with powdered sugar since those tend to be a Chaosville favorite.


I did not keep track of how many batches it made, sorry! I want to say it was at least 4 batches, so 28 donuts but it may have been a little more like 5 batches (35 donuts). In any case they were gone by morning but enjoyed by all!


I can't wait to try out some of the various glazes in the recipe booklet and I want to try to find a way to make some chocolate cake donuts; they are my favorite!


*UPDATE*
I recently made this pumpkin donut recipe in the Bella Cucina and they were perfection!


1 comment:

  1. You are writing some Amazing tips. This article really helped me a lot. Thanks for sharing this blog.
    Best Donut Makers In India

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think