6/30/2016

Salsa Verde Chicken

Another great recipe I found on Facebook. The website I found it on is called kevinandamanda.com but I think it was posted by a food blogger I follow. It is a nice change from Italian pasta flavors and I throw it in the mix once in a while.

THE INGREDIENTS


1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast
2 Tbsp olive oil
2 cups chicken broth
1 cup salsa verde
1 cup heavy cream
3 cups dry penne pasta
salt and pepper to taste
1 1/2 cups shredded monterrey jack cheese (or pepper jack)

Cut chicken into bite-size pieces and cook in olive oil until golden. Remove from pan and set aside.


Add broth, salsa, cream, pasta and seasoning to pot and bring to a boil. Cover and reduce heat to low. Simmer for 15 minutes.


Turn off the heat and add chicken plus one cup of cheese to the pasta and sauce. Stir until smooth and creamy. Top with remaining cheese and serve!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think