6/15/2020

DIY All Purpose Cleaning Spray

A couple years ago now I started following a YouTube channel about cleaning and cleaning products. My husband, Jayme, got REALLY excited, thinking that it meant I was going to start cleaning more or better but mostly I just liked the idea of cleaning made easy. I hate cleaning. It sucks. I hate the nasty smelling cleaners and the vacuuming and unloading the dishwasher so you can load it and run it and then start all over again. In any case, when the lady that runs the channel, Melissa Maker, came out with a book, I put it on my wishlist and when I got it I read it cover to cover! Poor Jayme, he just keeps thinking I am going to step up my cleaning game. One thing I did start doing after reading the book is using her recipes for DIY cleaning products! This one is my absolute favorite and I keep one in each bathroom and one in the kitchen.

The recipe calls for 10 drops of essential oil (optional) and I have tried a few and settled on peppermint. I like the way it makes the cleaner smell.
All you do is mix together 1 1/2 cups of water, 1/2 cup rubbing alcohol (I use 91%), 1 teaspoon of gentle dish soap (I use Dawn) and the 10 drops of essential oil. Put into a spray bottle and get to cleaning!

1 comment:

  1. If you can't find 91% alcohol these days, Everclear is a great substitute! And when you're done relax and have a refreshing drink!

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think