5/11/2020

Chicken Alfredo Pasta

About 4 years ago now, I found an amazing pasta recipe that has been a huge hit here in Chaosville. It's called Garlic Parmesan Noodles and you can see it if you click that link. I would occasionally make it as a side dish but then I found this very similar recipe on Betty Crocker that turned it into a main! We love it! I always at least double it for our family.

THE INGREDIENTS

2 TBSP butter
2 tsp minced garlic
3 cups chicken broth or stock
8 oz uncooked pasta of your choice
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
1 1/2 cups heavy cream
1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
2 cups shredded rotisserie chicken
1 cup frozen veggies of choice (not pictured because I skip them)

A relatively new development here in Chaosville is we have a new sous chef! She is getting the hang of how to help in the kitchen and she really enjoys being in there with me. Meet Ellie:




On to the cooking! In a skillet or stockpot (if you double the recipe you will need more than a skillet size) melt the butter. Add in the garlic and cook and stir until fragrant. It only takes a minute or so.
Add in the broth, salt, pepper and pasta. This time I used gemelli pasta but I have used many different kinds from angel hair to cavatappi.
Bring to a boil and then lower the heat to medium. Cook uncovered until pasta is al dente. It will depend on your pasta choice, so look on the box. Most of the liquid will have been absorbed by the pasta.

Stir in the cream and Parmesan.
Cook over medium heat for 2 to 3 more minutes, stirring frequently. Stir in the chicken. You can also stir in a cup or so of frozen veggies, if your family would still eat it that way. As mine will not, I usually make a side of mixed veggies that can be added in to my bowl! Cook for a couple minutes more to warm through the chicken and any veggies you may have added.
Let it stand for a few minutes and the sauce will further absorb/thicken in that time. I like it to have some liquid in my personal serving but my husband likes it to be thicker. My favorite thing about this is that it does not take a long time to prepare but it is hearty and lovely and creamy and so, so good!



 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think