5/21/2010

Ravioli Lasagna

This recipe is a Chaosville friendly version of the one I found here. This first time I made it I followed the recipe and we talked it over while we ate it and decided on a few changes. Here is how I made it last night:

Ingredients:
1 jar of spaghetti sauce
1 25 oz. package of filled Ravioli (I used beef this time)
Fresh baby spinach**
1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
Spread 1/4 cup sauce over bottom of baking dish. Cover with half the ravioli.
Spread half the remaining sauce over ravioli layer. Sprinkle on spinach and half the mozzarella.
Repeat layers once more (minus the spinach). Sprinkle top with Parmesan cheese.
Cover dish with foil and bake for 30 minutes. Remove foil and bake 10 more minutes until bubbling. Let it cool for about 5 minutes before serving.
Nothing I make ever turns out as pretty as the magazine picture, but what it lacks in beauty it makes up in yumminess!
**I used fresh spinach this time for two reasons. First, I wasn't going to use as much spinach as the recipe called for since we felt it was too strong the last time. Since frozen spinach tends to have a much stronger even slightly bitter flavor, I opted for the fresh spinach we eat every day in our salads. The boys both love it and we all agreed it was better in the dish. Second, I couldn't find any when I went shopping for the ingredients!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think